Cast urethane is an elastomeric material that bridges the gap between highly extensible rubber elastomers and low-elongation rigid plastics.
Ulthough light in weight, urethane cast materials exhibit a functional toughness which can withstand industrial abuse that would break down most rubbers, plastics and even metals.
Cast polyurethane key features:
- transparent or pigmented
- excellent impact, abrasion, cut, and tear resistance
- superb resilience with exceptional elastomeric memory
- excellent load bearing capabilities & low compression set
- hardness; 40A-70D
- operating temperature; -30c/+120c
- exceptional oil and solvent resistance
- excellent ozone, oxidation and radiation resistance
- good insulating properties inc.: sound, anti-vibration & non-conductive
- design flexibility.